Monday, June 24, 2013

Beaver Teeth Earrings

_IGP8937.jpgOne day while fishing a small creek,  I spotted a strange, small object in the water.  I picked it up and determined it to be a beaver's tooth, and  I stuck it in my pocket and went on..  A few weeks later while fishing on the same creek,  I came upon the matching half of the tooth I had found earlier. When I got home I looked at both teeth together and thought to my self, "what better way to class up your ears than to hang rodent teeth from them" and I have been making Beaver Teeth Earrings ever since. I now go to my friend who traps beavers to get the teeth.1.jpgPhoto 1
First take the beaver teeth and give them a nice light sanding to remove dirt & stains,  then figure out the how long you want your earrings and then make your cut.

Photo 2
I like to cut at a angle to allow for better hanging presentation 

Photo 3
Now I apply two coats of polyurethane and allow a day of drying for each coat

Photo 4
While waiting on the teeth to dry I pick out a cap for the teeth.  I have chosen acorn caps for this set. 


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment