Friday, September 6, 2013
• Hacksaw/Dremel with cutting disc
• Some metal pipe or similar the same diameter as the inside of the ring (ring size)
• Either silver soldering equipment or heavy duty glue
• I used a 2.5x2.5x100mm square silver rod, but have also made one with a 3x3mm square for my mom. The dimensions are up to you, but for this to work it has to be a square cross section. The length of is has to be as least a few centimeters longer than the perimeter of the finger it's meant for.
• Gold rod with same cross sectional dimensions as the silver, 2cm long.
• Since gold and silver is so expensive, I recommend a square rod in a less expensive material, like brass, about 1 meter long, to practice with.
• 2 mm white sapphire (Optional, and really expensive) (man, I had some money back when I made this.. That’s a looong time ago ;) )
• Sandpaper of different grits, 600-1200-2000 would be recommendable
• Buffering wheel and polishing compound
With that sorted out, let's get started.
And I bet someone will succeed in building a little battery light in the cabin. What's needed:
Two empty (transparent) detergent bottles
Two extra caps of smaller plastic bottles (engines)
Acrylic Paint: basecoat,( I used acrylic modelling paste), black, gold, brown, copper