Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chrome Plating of Car Headlights and Parts

58_1494863477_xl.jpgI want to shear my experience with Electroplating parts with, Copper,Nickel, and Chrome.

 I will update this Instructable with more photos, and more detailed instructions later. This shows the basic for it. If there's anyone interested out there, I will help out as good as I can.
Sorry about the lack of pictures and video from the buffing and polishing. I was so focused, that i completely forgot to use the camera :) 

 An IMPORTANT thing, is to check out with your country's regulations regarding these chemicals. And NEVER EVER dispose them out in the nature. Some of them are harmful to the environment, and poisonous to yourself.

 The gases from the plating are odorless, but extremely corrosive. I was just slightly unaware a moment, and got some nose bleeding after this. NOT recommended..! Show respect for the chemicals, and always read the datasheet before start. Use goggles and gloves.

58_920504306_xl.jpgHere you can see the old chrome of the headlamp. Its really worn out. And the door handles are in poor condition. Heavily infected with Zinc Pest. Had to clean out all the pitting with my dremel drill.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment