Monday, July 29, 2013

Laser Cut Acrylic Rose with Etched Base

Final Rose.jpgHello everyone,  I made an acrylic rose display piece for a loved one. I was lucky enough to have access to an Epilog  laser cutter at the time. If I were to win an Epilog  Zing 16 Laser,  I would start a small business making sculptures, jewelery, and other cool and unique things.
When I made the rose I didn't have any plans drawn up. I went more by how a rose looked and what felt right. Feel free to use rose reference photos if necessary.  My list of materials are as follows:

1 sheet of 1/16" clear acrylic ( size of sheet depends on what fits in the laser)
1 acrylic rod 1/4" cut to the length you want
Heat gun
Heat gloves
Safety glasses
Needle nose pliers ( to hold the petals while you shape them)
1 sheet of 1/8" mirrored acrylic
1 sheet of 1/8" black acrylic
Black spray paint
Weld on acrylic glue
Glue applicator syringe
Laser cutter/ engraver
Computer with CorelDraw program

 With any project, please be safe and use appropriate safety equipment when needed.

100_1431.JPG   I first started by creating some petal shapes that varied slightly, in CorelDraw. I then sent the file to the laser cutter and cut them out.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment