Sunday, July 7, 2013

polenta recipe

IMG_0536.JPGThis is the most basic of polenta recipes - I make it like this every time. Making your polenta from scratch lets you control the flavor and salt content, and it always comes out much nicer than ready made polenta in a tube. ;)

Polenta is a great substitute for pasta, and you can do so much more with it. I absolutely love to fry it and I recently made a lasagna from it, too.

IMG_0513.JPG1 cup cornmeal or corn grits3 cups water1/2 - 1 teaspoon of salt2 tablespoons of butter/margarinepepper to tasteparmesan/romano/asiago - optional but tasty!This recipe can be easily scaled! This is the amount I make if I'm cooking for 4 people or less. I can normally get two meals out of this amount. :D

You'll also need a large sauce pan and a nice sturdy spoon.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment