Thursday, July 25, 2013

Portable 3-way hifi speaker/boomcase

Here is a list of the materials that I used:
Speakerbox
-1.2 cm thick plywood
-White artificial leather
-Black pvc angles
-Rubber feet
-Handle
-contact adhesive
-wood glue
-screws
-corner protectors

Electronics
Car amplifier from dealextreme. 2x20W
-10" bass speaker (80W rms max)
-5" mid speaker (70W rms)
-tweeter (10W rms)
-crossover
-mc battery
-battery charger
-cables
-panel voltmeter
-panel ac input
-audio input
-on/off button
(-resistors to dampen the tweeter)

And then I added a LED strip underneath the speaker and for that I needed:
-soldering iron
-heat shrinking tube
-50 cm LED strip (ebay)
-sound sensitive LED controller (ebay)

I did not have all of this at home when I started the project. But when I knew how I wanted the speaker to become I started buying parts.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment