Sunday, August 18, 2013

Building a low pressure, humane, animal trap

I had a problem, I had a whole family of squirrels in my garage, I like squirrels- they are cute, and generally friendly.  I don't like them in my garage.

I don't blame them for wanting to be in my garage, it is pretty awesome in there, but it is a problem; they chew on electrical wires, poop, and there is also no food sources in the garage.  So they had to go.

I can borrow a commercial metal animal trap, but the issue is that I encountered right away was that the pressure plate in one of those requires a bit more force then a small squirrel.  So I was quickly able to catch mommy squirrel, but none of her children.  This is bad, now I have a bunch of baby squirrels in my garage, no food, and no way for them to get out.

I needed an animal trap that could be triggered by the minuscule weight of a baby squirrel, and hold them securely until I can release them.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment