Thursday, August 22, 2013

CLIP ON HEADPHONE STAND

step1intro.jpgIt always bothers me greatly everytime I trip on the cable of my prized headphones, causing damage to my investment. So I decided to design a simple, easy, clippable desk headphone stand. It should be able to clip onto most desks and is made from a single piece of sheet metal. I think the result looks sleek, minimal and should merge nicely with any setup. This was made as part of a project for my Industrial Design course at Monash University, the aim was to make a personalised product from components taken from a printer; I repurposed the sheet metal frame within the printer to produce my end-product. The university project was coined "Redesign" - designing products from reused materials in ways that can also be later reused - which is basically a strategy for incorporating upcycling into industrial design processes. This product works well for me, and hopefully it will work for you too, enjoy! :)
All dimensions in MM.instructables-01.pngI sourced the sheetmetal from a printer (which I flattened), you may wish to also consider upcycling the metal from an existing source. 

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment