Thursday, August 15, 2013

Crescentine Fritte

Crescentina is a typical recipe from my region, Emilia Romagna, in Italy.
Depending on what side of the region you live in, you call them with different names, one of them is Gnocco Fritto.

The dough used for this recipe is very similar to bread or pizza dough so it's very easy to make!
I am one of those MANY people who loves fried food but I don't make it often, for obvious reasons...
I saw the Fried Food Contest and I thought it was the perfect excuse to fry something! :D

So here is one of my favorite fried foods: Crescentine Fritte! (fritte = fried in Italian)

You can either make them "empty" to eat with cold cuts or cheese, or fill them with ham and cheese (or whatever you want) before frying them.
I am going to show you how to make both versions...

Enjoy!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment