Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Glowing Sugru pendant (for Burning Man 2013)

DSC_4596.jpgIn this Instructable I'll explain how create a glowing pendant made out of simple components. No engineering/programming skills are requires, though you will need to know how to do some basic soldering.

I've spent a lot of time trying out different variations for this pendant, and this one is my favorite so far. I already made several of those and I am planning to gift them on the next burn :)

DSC_4256.jpgYou will need the following: 1 x 5g Sugru pack (or get two, just in case). Any color will do, but if you use white the entire pendant should glow 1 x 5mm slow flash LED. Alternatively, you can get fast flashing LEDs, or just a fixed color LED. Get them on EBay, they are pretty cheap 1 x CR2032 SMD Battery Holder. I used this one 1 x CR2032 battery Plastic diffuser. The size should be about the same as the size of the battery holder. Mine are 2.5 x 1.8cm. I cut my diffusers from an Ikea 701.362.03 plastic box cover, which is ~2mm thick Sand paper (optional) Tin Foil (to use as a surface when working with Sugru) Hot glue gun Solder iron A cutter (to shorten the "legs" of the LED) Various tools to cut and shape the Sugru. I don't know the names, but you can look at the photo and see what I used. I also use a scalpel (not shown in this photo)

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment