Saturday, August 17, 2013

How to Convert a Kid's T-Shirt into a Backpack

FixedIMG_0693.jpgI made this cute little backpack out of a boys long-sleeved shirt that was being thrown out by another mother nearby.  I was offered a lot of her clothes when her son had grown out of them.  Somehow, I didn't imagine my son wearing this as a shirt, but I envisioned it being a much cuter little backpack.
I should have taken a before picture, but didn't think about taking pictures of the process until I had already started cutting.  In any case, it should be relatively clear.

What you will need:
-Long-sleeved t-shirt
-Thread 
-Scissors
-Sewing Machine.  (Although, I guess you could hand sew it, but it would be a bit tedious.)
-Safety pin or paper clip
-pencil or bamboo skewer

FixedIMG_0916.jpgLike I said, I didn't think to get a picture until I had already made these cuts, but I made a drawing to show exactly where I cut.  
The red lines on the drawing are my cut lines, and the yellow pieces are the ones that I saved for making the backpack.  
You can see that I cut the sleeves into strips.  They will be used for making the straps.  

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment