Wednesday, August 14, 2013

True Rock Climbing Day Pack

13, 10:41 AM.jpgThere are a few very nice daypacks our there that are marketed towards climbers. While they are nice, and from respected brands, climbers weren't the main priority in the design process. Four gear loops on the waist belt doesn't justify the title Climbing Day Pack. This day pack is geared towards climbers in every way. It houses comfortably three peoples gear with the rope attached to the outside or carried by a buddy in a rope bag, or two peoples gear and a rope attached to the pack. The photo below is exactly what I pack for a day of climbing with myself, my roommate, and my fiancĂ©. My roommate carries the rope in a rope bag and my fiancĂ© carries a regular day pack with snacks and water. DE3059886_cust_packfitting_860.jpgPurchase a Double Bin daypack. Military Packs have a lot of ability to add and hang gear/accessories to the outside. I used the daypack from my days in the Marine Corps. If you want to purchase a backpack, for this instructable or for general use, the good folks at REI have these infographics on their websites. The link is on the graphic for your convenience. 

Materials you will need: Double Bin Backpack Lanyard Scissors Package of Zip Ties Velcro  High Strength Fabric Glue Ruler PVC Clear Vinyl Tubing  Dental Floss or Fishing Line 550-cord or General Purpose Cord

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment