Friday, August 9, 2013

Vibrant Fence Project

* Update 6/5 *
Thanks to all of you who voted up my Project. Little did I know this would go so great
A shout out to 'BeachBum Living" on Youtube, he was my inspiration for this. Visit his great Restoration Page.

Thanks again !
**********888

I wanted to brighten up my pool area, and thought I would share this actually cheap and easy project. Not much to it, but I love the colors each day as I walk out to work, or sit contemplating life. This was actually a fast project with high reward value. The possibilities are limitless. Your Garden, the side of a house that is dull, Pool, who knows, have fun!

Time: 

2 Hours  (or long enough for the paint to dry)

Cost

Under 65$ for this 10' section, paint and screws. 

Items Needed.

1.  Buy 21 Fence Slats. You will find them in the Lumber Section. They are sold seperate to replace broken fence's.
* Find one with Curves, this makes the over all look nicer I think   1.99 cents each

2. One box of 1 1/2" wood screws  (250 count)  6$

3. Paint:    As many colors as you wish. 8$ a Quart. Flat Outdoor Paint tinted to your favorite colors.

4. Paint Trim Tool.  1.89 cents  to help you keep the paint of the adjoining board.

5. Hand Saw or circular saw. this wood cuts very easily, a simple hand saw can do the trick.

6. Screw Driver or Drill with screw bit.  

7. Cheap Paint Brust   5$   I don't suggest foam as these boards are very rough grain and foam would catch and snag

8. Lumber to secure or simple screws.  I used a 10' Spruce board x 12" high.  2$ a foot.   I needd two of these. The 2nd Verticle board was 5' high. You can often get creative, just ask the sales person at home depot etc. I could have also used a 2x4, it would have worked just as well at 3$ each.   Get Pressure Treated as this is outdoor.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment