Friday, September 13, 2013

Cajun Fish Rolls with Vegetable Sticks and Fried Courgette Flowers

IMG_8745.jpgHere I am with some more fish fillets. As the only fish eater in the house, not counting our Mr. Peabody, I go wild and I try to prepare them in a thousand different ways. Fish is light, healthy and delicious. In spring I like to accompany it to seasonal vegetables, in winter I prepare delicious fish soups, in the summer I prefer it in a sauce for pasta. One thing I regret is that I do not like shellfish. I find it so beautiful and versatile yet their flavour is not really my thing, and so I am left with white fish, preferably sea fish.

The recipe that I propose below is very simple and consists of several elements and different textures. A light meal, despite the fried courgette flowers, slightly hot and fully spicy. The fish and vegetables in the roll are soft and delicate, the courgette flowers are crisp and tasty just like the sautéed vegetables and the little fritters. Serve with a fresh salad topped with a tasty vinaigrette, wholemeal bread or a nice piece of focaccia and you got a good meal that is really very, very satisfying!

Don’t give you the amounts for the ingredients because they depends on how many rolls you want to make and on the size of the vegetables at your disposal. Here, however, are the ingredients and the steps to make this dish:
•fish fillets
•courgettes cut into sticks
•carrots cut into sticks
•yellow pepper cut into strips
•courgette flowers
•extra virgin olive oil
•vegetable oil for frying

For the batter:
•flour
•cajun spices
•salt
•1 pinch of baking powder
•cold water

IMG_8726.jpgCut the vegetables into strips except the courgette flowers.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment