Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chalkboard Skateboard: A new board every day!

IMAG1406.jpgHello! In this instructable I'll be sharing a method I created in order to produce a sleek platform-looking skateboard that serves not only to take me around, but also to display different messages and drawings beneath my feet that I can change whenever I want without worrying about them getting wiped away or smudged. And all with stuff that's easily accessible and pretty cheap. :)
I hope you guys run with this idea, as there are so many more possibilities with this method!IMAG1258.jpgDecided what board you'd like to ride on. Short? Long? Keep in mind that the larger the board the more screws you'll need to keep the grip on (this will be explained later). I went with a really short board because it meant I could go with a thicker, heavier and more sturdy wood without drastically increasing the weight of the board. Also, portability was a big issue.
I decided to go with a wide 9.75" width to give me plenty of room to write on, and compensate for the short length for my ride.
Once you have a rough idea for what size and shape you want your board to be, you can begin purchasing your materials.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment