Monday, September 23, 2013

Important Family Days Frame & Print

A present I gave to my husband for our anniversary, I was able to make this framed piece of family history in a couple days.  It took me longer to select 25+ photos to choose from to place on the mat than it did to actually put this personalized portrait together.  I had to go through a few years of photos to get ones that had small enough faces to fit on the actual size of the mat.

The frame was free (more in Step 2), the photos were $0.19 each (after a few hours of looking for them on the computer,) and I spent about three hours coming up with the Power Point file to print.

The original idea came from here: Pinterest
The thing that tugged at my heart strings was the very last line ~ what a difference a day makes.
I've got nothing to say to top that.

You don't have to put the photos on the mat.  I did that because I wanted to but it's totally optional and would certainly save time if it didn't get done.

If you’ve got a handle on power point, hopefully this framed art work will be easy for you and all you have to do is type in your family's info.
If you don’t know power point well, I’ve tried to make the Instructable as clear and simple as possible, BUT, you may run into a snag or two where I assumed that the person reading this knows how to use power point, “enough to get by.”

Here's a run-down of the steps in this Instructable:
Step 1 - Materials, Equipment and Tools Needed

Step 2 - Change the Color of the Frame (Optional)

Step 3 - Download the Power Point File

Step 4 - Create your own Power Point file to make a Personalized Dates Printable

Step 5 - Add photos to the mat (Optional)

Step 6 - Put it all together 

The main photo shows a flash spot over one of the dates.  I tried taking a photo without the flash, but just couldn't get it right.  I think you get the idea though....


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment