Monday, September 16, 2013

mustard barbecue sauce

mustardbbqsauce.jpgMustard barbecue sauce is (in my opinion) the best kind to put on barbecue. I'm not the biggest fan of most red tomato/ketchup based sauces because they can be so sweet or faux-smoked. Mustard barbecue sauce has much more range! You can have it with a nice vinegar bite or super spicy, or you can tone it down with brown sugar until it's almost more like a honey mustard. 

I had my first taste of mustard barbecue sauce at Mark's Feed Store in Louisville, KY about ten years ago. I have been addicted since. I tried my best to create something a little similar to theirs but I might just need to order a bottle. :D

IMG_1392.JPG3/4 cup yellow mustard1/4 cup apple cider vinegar2-3 tablespoons brown sugar1/2 tablespoon paprika1 teaspoon worchestershire1/2 teaspoon black pepper1 teaspoon hot sauce1 tablespoon ketchuppinch of celery seedsSo this is what I went with! I originally left out the celery seeds, but after tasting the Mark's Original sauce against mine, I realized that was a big part of what it was missing. You could also use celery salt, I'm sure - it might even work better!

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment