Monday, October 21, 2013

A Cool Coolbox!

First off, you need to find a decent looking box. I found this one in a cupboard at my school, and after checking no one wanted it (no stealing here!) it was mine for the taking. (The white stuff around the edges here is just a bit of PVA glue to strengthen the box)

Secondly, you need some sort of insulation. Again I got mine from the school, its from a project that no longer gets done so was going to be thrown out anyway. It's extruded polystyrene, better than that white polystrene as it's more solid. Ideally I would have like to used foil backed polyeurethene insulation (ie. Kingspan) but this was free and won't be that less efficient for keeping things cool.

I also used a pouch of Sugru, and when i find something suitable, I will use some sort of sealant.

Ok, on to construction...


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment