Sunday, October 13, 2013

Foam Ring Decorations

Decorated Wreath 1.JPGI am a habitual saver/collector of anything that might be “useful” at some point in the future. I hate to throw anything away that has potential. In the course of my job, I burn thousands of CDs & DVDs, and the DVD packaging includes a little foam ring that cushions the top of a stack of blank discs. Foam Ring Stash.JPGAfter several years I had a couple hundred of these things, and I couldn’t figure out what to do with them. Then, one day, I just started playing around with them, and folded one in half. Hmm, idea! I wondered if they could be woven together like the old gum wrapper chains I made in my younger days. A little experimenting, and I had a chain going. Once it got long enough, I wove the two ends together, and I had a wreath.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment