Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Traffic Light Cufflinks

I do not wear much jewellery, apart from a wedding ring and some cufflinks. At lot of my cufflinks are Traffic Light themed. However I wanted something unique.

So I decided to build some real Traffic Light cufflinks. I would not be able to design, prototype and build this in previous years - without a BIG development budget . However with 3D printing available in metal - it is not possible for a hobby development like myself.

All the hardware and associated software is open sourced.

The cufflinks - do:-
- Normal UK Sequence. (Red, Red-Amber, Green, Amber, Red)
- Normal Pelican Sequence. (Red, Flashing Amber, Green, Amber, Red)
- Report the time  (Series of encoded flashes)
- Report the date (Series of encoded flashes)
- Current Temperature in Celsius (..flashes)
- Stored number of up to 20 digits. (..flashes)

The case act as a touch sensor. Every four seconds the ATtiny wakes up to see if the case is being touched. This ensures that the coin cell isn’t drained by constantly driving the LEDs. Then displays one of the above based upon the number of touches.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment