Friday, November 8, 2013

Balance Work and Life Better with the Right Support Strategy

Balance Work and Life Better with the Right Support Strategy

When creating a plan to balance work and life, we can easily forget that we don't live in a bubble. Inc. suggests coming up with a plan to lean on certain people to help keep up the work-life balance.

It seems like common sense, but we rely on other people every day. When you're figuring out how to balance your work life with your personal life, consider the people in your world that you can turn to for help with various tasks. As Inc. puts it:

"My intent has always been to be a mom, be present with children, and find balance, so for my husband and I it was a natural evolution. It has worked out—I'm a big believer in having family around. I have a huge support network, my husband is flexible, my mom is there, so I can travel and work because of my network. We're both doing what we love."

How we work will inevitably affect the people around us, so it makes sense to have a plan for how we will rely on people. Assuming your spouse, for example, will handle the housework is less ideal than discussing with your loved ones who will take on what roles.

5 Easy Tips for Better Work-Life Balance | Inc.

Photo by Greater Lansing Convention.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment