Saturday, November 23, 2013

Craftsman Style Sliding Doors

2013-03-22 door 003.JPGI was closing part of a room in my house for use as a workshop and had to add some doors.  The two ways in were both about 47" wide so I couldn't use a 48" door and I didn't want to use a smaller door.  I built two doorways- one a 48-inch slider and one with two 24-inch doors.  The doors themselves are plain hollow-core doors with craftsman-style trim added.  The hardware is actually pocket door hardware, installed on the outside.  2013-03-22 door 009.JPGThis is the 48-inch door.  It's two 24-inch doors stuck together.  My plan was to stain it, but it was cold and rainy here for a few months, and now the pollen count is in the thousands (and I didn't want it to be yellow).  I kinda like it the way it is, and might leave it this way. 

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment