Tuesday, November 5, 2013

DIY family palette bed

G3D_pallets-bed-4.jpgWhen my family told me I should "buy a bed/bedroom made out of solid wood that will last for 30 years" I went ballistic because I live in belief that nobody needs a bed (or any other piece of furniture) to last that long. What I need is something ultra cheap, recyclable, easy to build and dismantle but at the same time keeping the contemporary and modern look of today's geek :) Here's what I came up with...G3D_pallets-bed-5.jpgAs most of the things I do, everything started as a 3D model in Rhinoceros. After a few experiments, mainly related to palettes orientation, this layout was chosen because it gives a perfect dimension fit on EU standard family bed size: 160x200 cm.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment