Monday, November 25, 2013

Google Reader Alternatives, Windows 8.1, and Lots of Gaming

This week on the podcast we’re talking about all the new stuff in Windows 8.1, the imminent death of Google Reader, and gaming consoles from the past and future. We’re also answer your questions about home servers, wirelessly mirroring your computer screen, and syncing your music with Android.

Here's how you can listen to our episode:

What the Next Generation of Consoles Means for Your Home Theater: Video game consoles aren’t just for gaming. They also make great set-top boxes that stream video and music into our living rooms, and the upcoming Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are no different. Each console brings a little something different to the table, so let's take a look at how those new consoles will bring entertainment other than video games to your living room.

Should I use Ubuntu or NAS4Free for my NAS? They're both good, so pick what you like.

How can I mirror my iMac's screen on my TV wirelessly? Use an expensive wireless HDMI box or use AirPlay to mirror on an Apple TV. Neither solution comes cheap or works perfectly, so you're better off sticking with an HDMI cable.What's the best way to sync music to my Android from my computer? Read this.I’m off to a conference in another time zone soon. How, in iOS, can I easily/correctly enter a lot of sessions into my cal? Turn on Time Zone Support in Settings.There are two ways to send in your question:

Please keep your questions as brief as possible. This means about 3-5 sentences for emails and 30-60 seconds for calls and videos. Your questions can be specific, but broader questions are generally better because they'll apply to more people. For example, "how can I breathe new life into my old PDA?" is much better than "what can I do with an old HP iPAQ 210?" Either way, we look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment