Friday, November 22, 2013

Technogel Memory Foam Pillows Cool You Off While You Sleep

Technogel Memory Foam Pillows Cool You Off While You Sleep

I could never find a bed I liked until I purchased a memory foam mattress. I went ahead and got a pillow, too, for better neck support. Memory foam comes with one major downside in the summer, however: it retains heat. Technogel solved that problem with a gel layer that keeps your head cool at night.

I live in a hot apartment where air conditioning doesn't make a huge difference at night. I sleep with only a top sheet, and I had to purchase new sheets because even that was too hot. While more breathable cotton sheets made a difference, I happened across Technogel pillows this weekend. I decided to buy one and give it a try and it actually keeps me cool at night. At first it feels a little too cold, but once your heat transfers you reach a happy medium.

The major downside is that the pillows cost a lot. Good memory foam pillows already run you about $100-120, but Technogel adds another $30 on top of that. I know these work well because I've used them, but if you want to save some money you can find cheaper cooling gel memory foam pillows on Amazon for around $30-50. One model from Sleep Innovations only costs $28. I've slept on their memory foam mattresses and found them to be just as comfortable as my more expensive model. It seems that every memory foam purchase I've made turned out a little expensive because I went with the reputable companies, but you might find yourself just as well off with the cheaper stuff.

Of course, there are plenty of other ways to stay cool while you sleep.

Technogel Pillows ($150) and Sleep Innovations Reversible Gel Memory Foam Pillow ($28)

No comments:

Post a Comment