Sunday, December 1, 2013

Tea Light Chandelier

I like the double tea light chandelier from http://www.lightsfortents.co.uk/, but I didn't like the shipping charge they were asking. What's a maker to do? Well, make one obviously!

Materials:
21 Tea light holders (I'm using IKEA Sommarmys)
Plywood (I used 18mm thickness, because that's what I had lying around)
Chain link 3 meters.
6 screws with a large head.
6 pieces of felt for use under chair legs.
1 Carabiner

Tools:
Router (or jigsaw if you don't have one)
Drill press or hand drill
Circle cutting bit
Sander or sanding paper
Compass
Calipers
Rulers
Screw driver

If you have access to a laser cutter, that could be used instead of the router, drill press and circle cutting bit.

My plan is to take the chandelier with me when we're going camping and hang it in a bell tent. As it packs nice and flat it should be relatively easy to transport.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment