Friday, December 20, 2013

Waxed Canvas Tangle Bag for Bicycle

A tangle bag makes use of the unused space in the main triangle of your bike frame. It's a great place to keep a flat repair kit, sunglasses or your wallet and keys. I will show you how to make one like the one I made for a friend.

Materials

I used a medium weight cotton canvas, it's about $11 per yard and I used less than half a yard.

A zipper, the one I used was water resistant and 30" long.

2" wide Velcro, about 18" of it.

White micro-crystalline wax similar to this, purchased at local art supply store. Beeswax or Paraffin would also probably work fine.

Tools

Sewing tools(sewing machine, scissors, etc.)

Heat gun, for melting the wax. $15 at Harbor Freight.

Disposable bristle brush, for applying wax.

A heat resistant bowl you won't mind ruining, for melting the wax.

A putty knife or butter knife, for working with the wax.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment