Monday, August 19, 2013

beaded chain bracelet

beadedchainbracelettext.jpgI really like this bracelet! The thick chains against the teeny little beads gives a really nice contrast.

I originally set out to find a way to braid the beads in the middle, but I didn't have the right tools! I think I'm going to need to get some thin wire to make that happen. :D

IMG_1139.JPGupholstery thread OR two strands of embroidery flossseed beads (I used sizes 10/0 and 11/0)a needle small enough to pass through the beadschainjump ringsclosurespliersmeasuring tape or a rulerThis is the first time i have ever worked with beads. I had no idea what I was doing. I originally tried to use nylon quilting thread, and that turned into a big mess. Thread by itself did not produce a big enough knot to keep the beads in place. 

And this is why I am using two strands of embroidery floss. Gotta work with what you have :D


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment