Tuesday, September 17, 2013

outdoor fireplace made from a reclaimed gas fireplace

outdoor fireplace 015.JPGSo, I had this L.P vent free fireplace that we haven't used in a couple of years, mainly because it used a lot of propane, and the oxygen censor always would get dust in there causing it to shut off all the time. I placed an ad on craigslist hoping that I could get at least 25 bucks for it, but I couldn't find any takers. I set it outside thinking maybe someone would want it, but that didn't work either. Today, I decided that I would convert it into an outdoor fireplace. It took me about an hour to do. I used a piece of extra stove pipe, my cutting torches, screwdriver, (Philips), end wrench, and a pair of pliers. instructable project 3 005.JPGThe first thing I did was look it over, and figure out if it was even possible to get the gas stuff out of there. To my surprise, everything was mounted to a plate inside there, and all I had to do was remove all of the nuts and bolts that held the plate to the structure. It was nice that it all came out as one unit, instead of piece by piece!

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment