Sunday, October 27, 2013

Grow Vegetables in Your Backyard

This post will show you how to make your own plantar boxes and fill them with good organic soil, all on the cheap! 

I've always wanted to grow my own food, and this summer Im actually starting! The first day after I got home from school my dad and I went to Home Depot and got some pressure treated lumber to build a couple plantar boxes for our backyard. We decided on boxes that were 6 feet long, 2 feet deep, and 1 foot high, all made out of 2x12 lumber.

This size made buying the wood nice too because we could just get two 12 foot lengths to make all four 6 foot pieces, and then one 8 foot piece to make the four 2 foot side pieces. We also got one 8 foot 2x4 to use as bracing material for the corners. All of the wood cost about 90 dollars. 

Once we had the wood, we started construction!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment