Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Custom Made Purple Minion Puppet

13, 11:58 AM.jpgThis is a puppet that I made for a special gift. It was a very rewarding project due to the reason I made it and very fulfilling when I presented it to its recipient. Since there are no Purple Minions to buy in the store that resemble the original Yellow Minions I was asked to create this one for this special project. Parts needed: -Soft foam (JoAnn Fabrics) -1/2 yard of purple fleece (JoAnn Fabrics) -a ping pong ball sliced in half -2 2 1/2" gray plumbing bushings (Lowes) -Black foam board (any craft store) -Plexi Glass (Lowes) -Black Strap for goggles (Could use anything) -Black Boondoggle (any craft store) -Overalls (Build A Bear) -Black Doll Shoes (JoAnn Fabrics) -One old black winter glove -Sewing thread and sewing needle -Craft glue (any craft store) -Acrylic Paint -Black Felt and Pink Felt (JoAnn Fabrics)13, 11:58 AM.jpgSoft craft foam was used for the base of this puppet like I use in all of my puppets... I used the same pattern for this step that I used for the purple fleece in Step 3. First trace your pattern onto the foam with a Sharpie and then using scissors or an Xacto knife carefully cut out your body base shape. After the shape was cut out I brought the ends (sides) of the piece together to form a cylinder shape and ran a line of glue along the edge holding it together as I sewed it up along the seam using white thread. Next at the top of the Minions head I began bringing the triangular shaped pieces together, gluing and sewing them together all the way around to form the dome shape of the head. A few more stitches at the top of the heads center joined it all together and completed the dome shape. Two dots were drawn on with the Sharpie and also the mouth to mark their places for the face. Kind of looks like a Pac Man ghost right now... Haha

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment