Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tardis Transformer: Pick your flavor!

Don't forget to vote for me for 3D Printing Month. =)

I originally only had Soundwave in mind when I was designing this. So all the small details are based around his robot design. But I was catching heck for making the Tardis into a Decepticon so I repainted him and added a second head option to make him Vector Prime. I still think Soundwave would make an awesome Tardis, but anyone making this has their option of which to build.

That being said, this turned out to be harder than I thought to make. But still so fun!
What started as a ball of clay and a random idea a few months ago lead to were it is now. Things still arn't finished, but all that remains are final tweaks and details. As well as redoing the backpack. The original hinge I had wasn't strong enough so I had to redesign it, but I don't like how low it sits.

Also, my printer started going loopy on his left leg for some reason. So in Tardis form he's a bit warped. But I need to reprint everything anyhow in the Mach2 design.

But if I keep making changes I'll end up never releasing it, so here we go!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment