Thursday, November 7, 2013

How to Make Indian Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Potatoes, and Pistachios

Indian pizza, in my mind, trumps nearly every other flavour out there. I think it's the combination of complexly flavoured spices and tastes found in Indian food, but with the bread and cheese combo that is perfect on pizza.  

Sadly, this winning combination seems to be scarcely available outside of California, so, during my years in Massachusetts, I started making my own.

This recipe is based on those by Shari from My Fancy Pantry and Deb Perelman from Smitten Kitchen. I highly recommend both of these blogs, so please go and check them out!

You will need:

Equipment:
- a oven and stovetop
- several bowls
- a frying pan
- a wooden spoon
- a pizza pan
- a good sharp knife and cutting board
- a rolling pin
- a food brush (optional, but definitely useful)

Ingredients:
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 small yukon gold or purple potatoes
- pistachios
- honey
- cilantro
- garlic
- olive oil, hot pepper flavoured if available
- pizza dough, or ingredients to make such
- a soft, easily meltable cheese: I recommend fontina, preferably smoked if you can find it
- paneer (optional, but delicious. See my other instructable for how to make your own flavoured paneer)
- Indian spices: I used garam masala, paprika, tumeric, cardamom, cumin, coriander, cloves, and vadavan spice blend


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment