Sunday, December 22, 2013

Lock bracket that doesn't interfere with bottle cages or panniers.

The bracket which came with my lock was (as with most I've ever seen) rubbish, insecure & would have prevented me mounting any water bottle cages. However I don't like always having to have a bag with me when I cycle or putting a wet lock (if my bikes been locked up out in the rain) in my bag so I came up with this.

Materials needed:

•  PVC Conduit - As close a fit as possible to the U part of the lock. I got a suitable 2m length for £1.70 from B&Q
•  Hose clamps - 4x 10mm and 2 or possibly 4 x 22mm (sizes will vary according to your rack & lock diameters)*
•  Bits of old inner tube or other material to make shims
•  Zip ties - 2

*The hose clamps need to be reasonably robust I initially used some from Aldi which were soft and thin and not up to the job. I got some more substantial ones from Screwfix which seem just fine.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment