Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hall table from Hardwood floor scraps.

I found some of this Hardwood flooring at a thrift store last year. I got a bunch of it cheap.
I decided that a portion of it belonged on the top of a hall table. This is what I came up with.

The main top is 3/4"  Ash boards stained and finished on the tops, with tongue and groove joinery trimmed with pine edging.
The sub frame is Pine with box joints.
The legs are poplar staircase spindles from a home store (yeah, so what, I cheated).  I used half lap joinery to attach these to the sub frame with glue.

I am entering this into the Epilog contest. I would absolutely love to have that Laser cutter. I would use it in all kinds of ways around my shop. The question is, "What wouldnt I try to make with it!" I could use this in a multitude of different ways!  So please take the time to throw me a vote!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment