Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TARDIS Backpack

I decided that sewing a backpack together would be to hard. So I decided to make one out of plexiglass.

The first thing I did was decide how big I wanted to backpack to be. I created 5 squares: 1 for the bottom, 2 for the sides, and 2 for the front and back in Inkscape. I then cut the plexiglass with a 40 Watt Laser Cutter. I taped the 5 pieces together to form the main part of the TARDIS.

Once the box was taped together I used acrylic glue to glue it together. The box dried for 24 hours and then the tape was removed.

I cut out another piece of plexiglass. This piece was the same size as the bottom piece except it had most of the center gone. This center section is what allows me to get in and out of the backpack.

I glued this piece to the top of the box.

I then created another smaller box for the TARDIS light and glued that piece to a smaller piece of plexiglass for the top of the TARDIS which fits into the center section that was missing. This piece also dried for 24 hours and then the tape was removed.

I then attached the hinges and latch for the top of the box.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment